Information Management Specialist Archive360 Complements Microsoft SharePoint with New Archiving Solution to Enable Significant Cost Savings
- January 10, 2023
Archive360 Connect™ for Microsoft SharePoint Online enables organizations to reduce SharePoint Online expenses by automatically archiving inactive files to secure Azure storage.
NEW YORK, January 10, 2023 -- Archive360™, the archiving and information management leader trusted by enterprises and government agencies worldwide, today formally announced Archive360 Connect™ for Microsoft SharePoint Online, the perfect storage complement to the collaboration platform that integrates natively with MS Office and features more than 200 million users worldwide. As organizations continue to generate more electronic content and increasingly use platforms such as Microsoft Teams to communicate, they run up against SharePoint Online storage limits and face additional costs. The Archive360 offering meets this need by extending SharePoint storage to the more affordable Azure Cloud. Built on the Archive360 open and intelligent information management platform, there are numerous other benefits as well: the technology facilitates storage management, increases user productivity, manages information from many data sources and, with the addition of more comprehensive information management and e-discovery features, can reduce the risk of non-compliance.
“Microsoft SharePoint has established a giant footprint around the world by enabling an unprecedented level of seamless collaboration, and it deserves similar innovation in archiving and access—and that’s what Archive360 Connect™ for Microsoft SharePoint Online delivers,” said Robert DeSteno, co-founder and CEO of Archive360. “This solution extends storage capabilities while cutting costs by as much as 70% and gives organizations more room to expand their information management capabilities across enterprise systems as needed, offering a centralized platform for managing and analyzing inactive data enterprise-wide. This is all about getting the most value out of your data at the lowest cost, and we’re proud to take this offering to market.”
Archive360 Connect™ for Microsoft SharePoint Online automatically archives sites, documents, libraries, and specific files to more affordable Azure storage without affecting the SharePoint user experience. Users still have access to their archived files directly from within SharePoint.
With Archive360 Connect™ for Microsoft SharePoint Online benefits include:
- Reduced additional SharePoint storage costs: Extend SharePoint Online storage to the Azure Cloud and save up to 70%
- Zero impact on SharePoint users: The archive file name and SharePoint functionality remain the same—users just click on the link to download and open the file
- Seamless access to archived files: Users find and access archived files the same way they find and access SharePoint files—browsing to the file’s original location or using SharePoint Search to find specific content
- Better understanding of how SharePoint storage is consumed: Audit historical storage consumption trends and forecast by site, file type, usage dates, author, projected growth, Azure cost savings and more
- Automatic storage optimization: Move less-active files to lower-cost storage in Azure based on customer-defined policies, relieving SharePoint administrators and users from the file management burden
- Control of SharePoint data:
- Data is stored in Azure in its native format, so customers can export their data whenever they want without it being held hostage.
- Customers have complete control over data storage, processing performance, security and costs.
The security benefits of Archive360 Connect™ for Microsoft SharePoint Online are equally strong. Unlike SaaS-based solutions, Archive360 customers retain control of their data in Azure. They can protect and restore files from the archive to SharePoint Online, including version changes, seamlessly in the event of accidental deletion, tampering, ransomware or other incidents with SEC/FINRA/MiFID II-compliant immutable Write Once Read Many (WORM) storage. All metadata, compound document links, retention schedules and permissions associated with SharePoint files remain fully intact. Activities performed on archived files are tracked and logged in an immutable audit trail. This significantly reduces storage costs with zero impact to SharePoint users, while streamlining storage management so administrators and users can be more productive.
Archive360 Connect™ for Microsoft SharePoint Online is available now. To learn more visit: https://www.archive360.com/sharepoint-archiving