A Message from our CEO
One year ago, I was talking with my team around the world about the measures we were taking to protect our employees, customers, and the future of our business. Little did I know what we were in for! In the past twelve months we’ve faced a global pandemic, the resulting economic downturn, the new normal of working from home, and more virulent forms of cybercrimes.
Despite all of this, Archive360 experienced the best year in the company’s history and achieved record growth. In 2020, thanks to my team, and our customers and partners, Archive360 delivered:
- A 230% increase in annual recurring revenue and an 88% increase in our customer base with wins across multiple industries, with multinational conglomerates and major federal and state government agencies on three continents.
- Major enhancements to the Archive360 platform in terms of usability, functionality and scalability.
- A “zero trust” information security model that makes it possible for our most security-conscious customers to securely store their sensitive data in the cloud.
- A cloud-based Records Management module that’s allowing our customers to retire their legacy applications and securely classify, retain, retrieve and defensively dispose of their data.
- An 18% increase in headcount, including seasoned experts to augment our Customer Services and Customer Success teams in the United States and Europe.
In 2021, Archive360 is committed to maintain our focus of outstanding customer care and constant innovation. Together, we will help you achieve your goals for digital transformation and continue to disrupt and transform the information archiving and management industry.
Payroll and hr services organization eliminates its legacy eas archive to cut costs, protect data and unlock flexibility in the cloud
Read more as one customer replaced their end-of-life archiving solution to protect their sensitive corporate data, deliver faster, more accurate eDiscovery searches, and enable future expansion.
State government cuts costs, increases compliance and expands ediscovery capabilities
Learn how one state is leveraging CARES Act funding to alleviate pandemic challenges including modernizing legacy archives and eDiscovery systems.
Support for US State and Local Governments During COVID-19
State, Local, and Tribal Governments may be able to offset unplanned expenses they’ve incurred because of COVID-19, thanks to a $150 billion relief fund created by the United States Government.
CARES Act provides hope for State & Local Governments’ (Covid-19) FOIA
Organizations are keeping more data for more extended periods of time but deleting valueless data on a regular basis can reduce the risk.
Today’s records management requirements are changing. When it comes to managing the lifecycle of electronic records, your organization faces multiple challenges:
- Growing volumes of disparate data (structured and unstructured)
- The technical debt associated with legacy applications and the need to retired applications and securely retain and manage application data
- The rising cost and risk of retaining data and the need for defensible disposition
- Changing regulatory and legal obligations, particularly for data privacy
- Identifying and managing sensitive data, including access controls
Managing your electronic records to address today’s changing needs not only allows you to increase the efficiency of your records management program, it also helps reduce eDiscovery and compliance risks. Archive360’s integrated Records Management module helps you retire your legacy application and systematically manage your growing volume of electronic data and records through their lifecycle.