Office 365 PST Import Service Delivery Model
Your organization is moving to Microsoft Office 365. You are looking into an Office 365 PST import because your plan is to use Office 365 as your email archive as well as to manage your “live” email. Previously you relied on a third party archiving solution to manage mailbox size and to support your compliance and eDiscovery needs. You have terabytes of email stored in your legacy email archive and much of your users’ mail has been stubbed or shortcut. Your challenge is migrating terabytes of email content from your legacy email archive to Office 365.
Key Office 365 PST Import Migration Concerns
Most organizations moving to a new archiving environment have similar questions and concerns, such as:
- How much data do I actually have in my archive and what kind of data is it?
- How much “dark data” do I have (such as archived messages from inactive users and leavers)?
- Will data fidelity be preserved during the conversion from MSG to EML?
- How are Exchange addresses converted to SMTP for eDiscovery purposes? What about inactive Active Directory accounts?
- Do I need to migrate the entire archive and the journal archive?
- What happens to messages that have been stubbed or shortcut?
- I have ongoing or pending litigation; can I still migrate my mail?
- How do I manage archive email that is under legal hold?
- Will I be able to account for 100% of my archived mail?
- How long will a migration take?
Archive2Anywhere Delivery Model for Office 365 PST Import Service
Archive360 has developed an integrated delivery model to complement Microsoft’s newly announced Office 365 PST Import Service. This delivery model allows Archive360 to provide 100% accurate and fast migrations. By combining the Office 365 PST Import Service with the industry’s fastest archive extraction engine, 100 TBs of archived mail can be successfully migrated to Office 365 in under 30 days, with every message accounted for.
- Archive2Anywhere leverages Azure to fast upload the PST files to Office 365 for quick processing all while maintaining chain of custody.
- Archive2Anywhere tags messages for reconciliation and provides message-level reporting to support regulatory and legal compliance.
- Archive2Anywhere identifies non-reconciled messages and any missing emails are pushed from the source archive directly into Office 365. If a message cannot be processed, Archive2Anywhere provides detailed reporting of the missing messages for regulatory and legal purposes.
- Archive2Anywhere satisfies compliance needs by maintaining full audit trail and providing message-level chain-of-custody reporting.
- Archive2Anywhere protects against data loss; PST files moved to Office 365 inherit high availability features of Exchange Online.
- Archive2Anywhere speeds the migration process by avoiding duplicate processing; only non-reconciled messages are reprocessed.