Migrate to Microsoft Exchange
Your organization is moving to Microsoft Office 365. You plan to use your Microsoft Exchange and cloud-based Office 365 to manage your “live” email as well as your email archive. You are starting to research your Microsoft exchange migration and archiving options.
Previously you relied on a third party archiving solution to manage mailbox size and to support your compliance and eDiscovery needs. You have terabytes of email stored in your archive and much of your users’ mail has been stubbed or shortcut.
Part of your migration plans includes decommissioning your legacy email archive and migrating your archived mail to Office 365.
Key Microsoft Exchange Migration Concerns
Most organizations moving to a new archiving environment have similar questions and concerns, such as:
- How much data do I actually have in my archive and what kind of data is it?
- How much “dark data” do I have (such as archived messages from inactive users and leavers)?
- Will data fidelity be preserved during the conversion from MSG to EML?
- How are Exchange addresses converted to SMTP for eDiscovery purposes? What about inactive Active Directory accounts?
- Do I need to migrate the entire archive and the journal archive?
- What happens to messages that have been stubbed or shortcut?
- I have ongoing or pending litigation; can I still migrate my mail?
- How do I manage archive email that is under legal hold?
- Will I be able to account for 100% of my archived mail?
- How long will a migration take?
- Will migrating my archive delay my Exchange implementation project?
Introducing Archive2Anywhere for Microsoft Exchange
Archive2Anywhere has been co-engineered by Archive360 and Microsoft to provide the leading software solution for directly migrating email archives to Exchange:
- Faster direct migration of archived mail to Exchange; up to 5 TB per server per day.
- Highly scalable allowing for 400 simultaneous Exchange mailbox connections per server.
- Full Source Message ID to Exchange Message Entry ID chain of custody and reconciliation reporting.
- Inflight MAPI property validation and source specific MAPI corruption remediation with an average of 0.001% exceptions per migrated customer.
- Native support for Exchange and Office 365 hybrid environments.
- Integrated Stub Management for point and click stub or shortcut discovery and rehydration.