Email Archive Migration for Gwava Retain/Groupwise
Organizations around the world have relied on the Gwava Retain email archiving solution to capture and manage their Microsoft Exchange, Gmail, and GroupWise email for business purposes, regulatory compliance and eDiscovery/litigation preparedness responsibilities for years. However, your Gwava email archive no longer meets your needs so your organization has decided to move to another cloud email archiving solution such as Microsoft Office 365 or Google Gmail.
Whatever the reason, you now face the challenge of migrating terabytes of archived email, attachments, and metadata to the new repository in a way that does not compromise regulatory requirements or legal responsibilities or adversely affect employee productivity.
Key Email Archive Migration Concerns
Most organizations moving to a new archiving environment have similar questions and concerns that should be addressed before any migration starts including:
- How much data do I actually have in my archive and what types of data is included?
- How much “dark or grey data” do I have (such as archived messages from inactive users and ex-employees)?
- Do I have Journaled data?
- Do I need to migrate the entire archive as well as the journal archive?
- Did the archive include placing email stubs or shortcuts in the live mailbox?
- I have ongoing or pending litigation; can I still migrate my mail?
- How do I manage archived email that is under legal hold?
- Will I be able to migrate and account for 100% of my archived mail?
- How long will the entire migration take?
- Will migrating my archive delay my Exchange implementation project?
Email Archive Migration Software Product Highlights
Archive2Anywhere for Gwava s the only email archive migration solution designed specifically to work with Gwava Retain email archiving solution.
Archive2Anywhere is fully integrated with Gwava for faster, more accurate extractions. Archive2Anywhere extracts raw messages and attachments including metadata directly from the Gwava archive. It maintains an item-level audit trail for compliance reporting and preserves complete, original message fidelity for eDiscovery and regulatory requests.
Additional key features and benefits include:
- Multi-threaded, multi-server platform
Provides the highest performance and accuracy of all migration solutions
- No reliance on the Gwava API
Faster, more accurate data extractions
- Does not require indexing or data gathering before extraction
Begin message extraction within minutes of installation unlike other solutions that take days or weeks to index before start
- No data conversions needed
Migrated data can be represented as original in regulatory or legal situation. Is preserved in the EML/RFC822 open standard
- Full Folder structure and custom EML/RFC822 properties reconstruction
Provides valuable forensic data not available with other migration solutions
- Intuitive and powerful graphical user interface
Less time needed for training – faster time to migration
- Message level chain of custody reporting
Legally defensible reporting reduces eDiscovery risk