High Migration Performance & Extraction
In today’s big data migrations, solutions need to be fast, accurate, and use hardware efficiently. Email archive migrations are notorious for being the cause of unplanned delays, as part of an overall email migration to a cloud email platform such as Office 365 or Google Gmail.
Organizations who have relied on legacy email archive solutions are often surprised by the amount of email data in the archive and have the following concerns:
- How much data do I really have in the archive and how long will it take to migrate?
- Do I have to migrate all the data?
- How do I manage archive email for inactive employees?
- How do I manage archive email that is under legal hold?
- Can I be certain that the archive email will not be altered during the migration?
Archive2Anywhere is a different kind of migration product – one designed from the ground up for consistently fast, efficient and predictable data migrations. The following are the key differentiators that make Archive2Anywhere the premier email archive migration solution:
- Fast – Install to first extraction takes less than two hours – start to move email archives fast
- No indexing (or gathering) of the archive is required to get started – Pre-extraction recommended by competitive solutions can take days or weeks.
- No reliance on legacy archive APIs. Archive2Anywhere does not rely on native legacy APIs to extract archive data. Archive2Anywhere integrates directly with the legacy archive SQL and data volumes to find and extract data in a legally defensible way.
- Multi-threading allows for efficient and responsive Legacy Archive SQL reads and rapid data volume reads.
- Unlimited parallel mailbox extractions – on average, a standard server can run in excess of 400 parallel extractions.
- Archive data is systematically touched only twice. First, when the email is “extracted” from the legacy archive into migration server memory and second, when the email is written directly into the target system.
- Constant data throughput – Multi-process and thread isolation allows individual extractions to keep running, even when encountering corrupt messages, failed storage volumes, or other message or mailbox specific errors.
- Multi server/node architecture – Archive2Anywhere supports multiple server. However, very few customers will ever need more than one server as the daily throughput is more than enough to produce a successful migration.