Migrate Email Archives to EML/RFC-822
Your organization is moving its messaging environment to the Google Gmail enterprise messaging platform, and your archived mail has been stored in the native Microsoft Exchange email format, MSG. You need to convert MSG to EML, and you don’t want to lose legacy email archives.
EML is the MIME RFC 822 standard email format used by the Google Gmail enterprise messaging platform.
You have many questions and concerns about the MSG to EML conversion process and how it will impact the terabytes of email stored in your archive, including your users’ mail which has been stubbed or shortcut.
Key Email Archive Migration Concerns
Most organizations moving to a new archiving environment have similar questions and concerns, such as:
- How much data do I actually have in my archive and what kind of data is it?
- How much “dark data” do I have (such as archived messages from inactive users and leavers)?
- Will data fidelity be preserved during the conversion from MSG to EML?
- How are Exchange addresses converted to SMTP for eDiscovery purposes? What about inactive Active Directory accounts?
- Do I need to migrate the entire archive and the journal archive?
- What happens to messages that have been stubbed or shortcut?
- I have ongoing or pending litigation; can I still migrate my mail?
- How do I manage archive email that is under legal hold?
- Will I be able to account for 100% of my archived mail?
- How long will a migration take?
Archive2Anywhere Email Migration Software Makes it East to Convert EML
Archive2Anywhere is the leading email migration solution that supports conversion of native Exchange MSG data to EML. Its unique technology has been fully tested by large customers migrating to Gmail and Google Vault, both of which require email in EML format:
- Converts native Exchange MSG data to EML file format with full RFC 821 and 822 compliance.
- Uniquely offers a dynamic address resolution engine that converts Exchange addresses to SMTP addresses as part of the MSG-to-EML conversion.
- Supports custom X-Headers and real-time MSG to EML conversion.
- Maintains strict Source Message ID to EML Message ID chain of custody and reconciliation reporting with 99.999% accuracy.
- Fully integrated with Archive2Anywhere Stub Management for point and click stub redirects.