Email Archive Migration for EMC SourceOne
Your organization has relied on EMC SourceOne email archiving software to manage your Exchange mailbox size, as well as for compliance and eDiscovery.
Today, however, your archiving solution no longer meets your business needs; your organization is moving to a cloud-based email system such as Office 365 or Gmail. Or your archiving vendor may have been acquired or gone out of business, leaving you with unsupported or obsolete technology.
Whatever your situation, you now face the challenge of deciding how to address your email archiving needs in the future and what to do with the terabytes of email stored in your archive. You also have to consider how best to migrate EMC SourceOne legacy email archives and decommission the archive content. You are concerned about data fidelity and access to archived mail that has been stubbed or shortcut.
Key Email Archive Migration Concerns
Most organizations moving to a new archiving environment have similar questions and concerns, such as:
- How much data do I actually have in my archive and what kind of data is it?
- How much “dark data” do I have (such as archived messages from inactive users and leavers)?
- Do I need to migrate the entire archive and the journal archive?
- What happens to messages that have been stubbed or shortcut?
- I have ongoing or pending litigation; can I still migrate my mail?
- How do I manage archive email that is under legal hold?
- Will I be able to account for 100% of my archived mail?
- How long will a migration take?
- Will migrating my archive delay my Exchange implementation project?
FastCollect for Archives Email Archive Migration Product Highlights
FastCollect™ SourceOne Edition is the premier email archive migration solution designed specifically to migrate EMC SourceOne. FastCollect for Archives is fully integrated with SourceOne data volumes for faster, more accurate extractions.
FastCollect for Archives extracts raw messages and attachments including metadata directly from SourceOne. It maintains an item-level audit trail for compliance reporting and preserves complete, original message fidelity for eDiscovery and regulatory requests.
Migrate EMC SourceOne key features and benefits include:
- Utilizes a multi-threaded, multi-server platform
Provides the highest performance and accuracy of all migration solutions
- No reliance on EMC SourceOne API
Faster, more accurate data extractions
- Full integration with EMC SourceOne SQL DB and Data Volumes
Ensures full legal defensibility
- Does not require indexing or data gathering before extraction
Begin message extraction within minutes of installation unlike other solutions that take days or weeks to index before start
- EMC SourceOne Outlook Shortcut (stubs) Management and reconciliation
Ensures all mailbox stubs are found, reconciled, recombined, redirected or deleted with full documentation and reduces help desk calls and end-user issues
- Full reconstitution of split, single instanced and compressed messages
Ensures a legally defensible ingestion into the target repository
- No data conversions needed
Migrated data can be represented as original in regulatory or legal situation
- Folder path and custom MAPI properties reconstruction
Provides valuable forensic data not available with other migration solutions
- Intuitive and powerful graphical user interface
Less time needed for training – faster time to migration
- Message level chain of custody reporting
Legally defensible reporting reduces eDiscovery risk